Friday, January 30, 2015

I am definitely not perfect. I am very insecure most times. Especially on how I look. I always envy those girls who are absolutely flawless. I am always thinking "why can't I look like them?". I have way too many scars on my arms and legs from all the rashes that I've gotten ever since I was 11. Which explains why I am always wearing jeans, pants, long skirts, and anything that covers up my skin. They are horrible. And because of this, who would love someone with ugly scars on their skin?

We all carry scars that we have to deal with. I have plenty of scars, which happens to be on the outside, but I also have scars that happen to be invisible. In fact, I bet many others carry invisible scars. The scar of not being loved. The scar of verbal and mental abuse. The scar of abandonment. The scar of being taunted endlessly on a playground. The scar of a heartbreak.

These invisible scars speak to a private struggle that very few of us dare to voice.

I'm feeling quite emotional today. What's new.

No comments:

Post a Comment